Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Jai Hind

15th august was approaching and hence there was a quiz competition held in the office. But because of some pesky people I was not able to attend it. So here I was beating my keyboard keys black and blue... Just to the good luck of my keyboard , one of my colleague pinged me to come to her desk.... We were discussing something when we were joined by one more colleague....That disrupted the discussion I was having and hence just to divert the topic we 3 started talking about " watcha gonna do on 15th".

The two colleagues, (happened to be girls) talked about the national anthem and the national song. That just made me ask them who wrote these two, "The Anthem" and "The National Song". Well guess what each of them answered one of the above incorrectly........

Geee that's our Youngistan.....

As I was returning home.. I asked myself hey buddy....you has a laugh at those two back there in the office.....well do you even know the Pledge that you uttered for your entire school life.

So around after 8 years I started reciting the pledge in my mind........

India is my country and all Indians are my brothers and sisters.
I love my country and I am proud of it's rich and varied heritage.
I shall always strive to be worthy of it.
I shall give my parents, teachers and all elders respect and treat everyone with courtesy.

To my country and my people, I pledge my devotion. In their well being and prosperity alone lies my happiness.


Dunno why but I felt happy for myself. I came home and asked my brother to recite the same (I just love teasing him when he messes things up). Well he recited it too. That made me feel even more happy.

Hey youngistan... I would like you all to recite the pledge, the anthem and the song this 15th. Will you do that to make our Mother happy

0 comments: